Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them. ~John Shirley

This was a weekend that me and Harris both worked...well he worked more! I went to work for just a little bit! The weekends he works seem so boring! It really sucks not having him around... He is always at work. We hit a little rough patch this weekend trying to decide how he can be home more and not "work his life away" ...But you have to really balance things out! We forget how young we really are and to have nice things and keep up the things you have ...you basically have to work for them! I may sound a little selfish when I say this but I just feel like it's unfair for him to have to work so much and to be soooo tired and to miss out on a lot of things that me and Peyton do, BUT then I have to smack myself and say Your TRUELY blessed!!! Because A: there are tons of people out there who do not have jobs that need them desperately and B: the men and women who are in the army who can't see their families for 6 months to a year or more! You really have to stop and think about these things...our conclusion to our conflict was we just need to suck it up and make the best out of the time we do have together and be thankful for our families,friends,jobs and each other! 

On a happier note.....I got to spend some time with some of my special girlfriends this weekend!  Friday night we went to dinner with The Whitworths...always a fun time with them :)   and Saturday after Harris got home ..he spent some time with Pea Pod (peyton) and I got to have sushi and drinks with Abby and Morgan...We did "Moss" (inside joke) our friend Ashley though lol... And sunday of course was alll about JESUS!!! Even though I was exhausted from taking some cold medicine I put on my happy face and heard a great message from Randy,had lunch with my lil family,a trip to Lowe's and to visit my sis and to end it a small cookout with Harris and Peyton..

Well its back to the working world..I pray this weekend will bring us closer as a family and to be more thankful for what we have! Lots to look forward to this week... My parents come home from there cruise,mothers day and Peytons dedication at church! Have a great monday YaLL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment